Thank you for your interest in employment at our agency! To receive notifications when jobs are posted to this site, we invite you to select "Subscribe to Posts" below.
Position Title: Maintenance
Agency: Community Action Partnership
Location: 1001 New Market Dr., Canastota
Reports to: Community Service Director
Oversee and or provide for maintenance of all agency owned buildings and property. Ensure delivery of services for all contracts to include: snow removal, property repairs, alarm system, or other contracted services as needed to ensure the safety and maintenance of property.
· Responsible for repairs and upgrades on agency owned and rented property.
· Ensure projects are defined within budget and approved by the agency. Act as liaison for contracted services, securing bids whenever appropriate.
· Keep current and filed paperwork needed for inspections, warranties on appliances / HAC / and information on vendors.
· Keep current a log of repairs on all Community Action Partnership properties. Provide annual report of projects completed and projected repairs or maintenance costs in order to adequately plan for anticipated costs.
· Agency liaison for all building inspections and responsible for planning course of action if any findings are cited.
· At least three years maintenance experience and general carpentry skills needed.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Must be able to do heavy lifting.
Candidates must be able to pass an acceptable background check. Employment will be conditional pending the outcome of the check. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to: HR@capmadco.org. CAP is an EOE/AAE
WIC Nutritionist (CPA)
Community Action Partnership for Madison County
We are hiring a WIC Nutritionist (CPA). This is a full time position, eligible for benefits. This position will be based in the Utica WIC office, with travel to other Tri-County WIC offices as needed.
Provide support to the Tri-County WIC initiative. Conduct nutrition assessments and provide nutrition education in a consumer friendly, professional, and participant-centered manner with the ultimate goal to enhance the lives of those served.
· Collect information for the nutrition assessment process
· Promote breastfeeding as the preferred infant feeding method
· Complete issuance of food packages based off nutrition assessment
· Conduct breastfeeding and nutrition assessments
· Provide and document participant-centered nutrition education/counseling, in both individual and group appointments
· Track participant progress, provide referrals and document outcomes
· Provide guidance to Nutrition Assistant staff in collecting nutrition assessment data
· Nutrition and Dietetics Technician, Registered (DTR/NDTR), Registered Nurse (RN) with a Bachelor’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate health-related field with at least 6 hours in nutrition
· Must possess strong oral and written communication skills
· Must possess the ability to work independently and as a team member, the ability to keep information confidential, and the ability to establish healthy client/worker boundaries
· Computer proficient, especially in Microsoft applications
· Must have a valid driver’s license, safe driving history, and reliable vehicle
· Required to complete Family Development Credentialing course within three years of hire, as available
Candidates must be able to pass an acceptable background check. Employment will be conditional pending the outcome of the check. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter and three professional references to: HR@capmadco.org. CAP is an EOE/AAE.